Sunday, June 26, 2011

what's all the fuss about?

That's what I originally thought about Aden + Anais swaddling blankets. Then someone mentioned how nice they were to use as nursing covers in the hot weather. So... Baby Steals had some up for grabs for cheap so I ordered one. Holy amazing. First of all, these blankets are gigantic. And they really are so light and breathable. It just makes me want a slingified woven wrap that much more! I don't love the idea of wearing Chloe in any of my carriers outside because it gets so hot but they are all I have! So a choice we have not. Someday. Anyway, I used my AA outside at the park last weekend to nurse her and it was perfect. Now, I just need to perfect my nursing in public skills because it is quite awkward to nurse without my Boppy, lol. I rely on that thing too much! I may have flashed a bit of boob. Hopefully no one was looking. Oh well if they were.

I find that a common question these days is, "How long will you breastfeed?" I just say... I really don't know, lol. I guess as long as everything is working out fine, I see no reason to put a deadline on it, you know? I'm not going to count on making it a whole year right now just because I learned from my last experience that smaller goals are best. I am just happy each day I continue to be able to breastfeed. If I do make it to a year and even longer... then awesome! The World Health Organization recommends breastfeeding exclusively for the first six months and then continuing to two years or more with the addition of solid foods.

Anyway, it was flooding downtown after work yesterday. That was pretty cray-cray. I had to turn around and take a very long detour to the daycare. And today, when I went to nurse Chloe on my lunch break, she decided she would just take a nap instead. So that means her extra 2-ounce emergency bottle will most certainly be used since her second bottle would have been given a lot earlier than if she had nursed. I hope she is not ravenous when I pick her up but she probably will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment